Coffee, biscoff biscuits and biscoff sauce are the perfect food combination. This recipe celebrates these ingredients.
Ingredients to make a single serve. Multiply the recipe to make more serves
Biscoff cookie pie crust
- 25g biscoff cookies
- 8g coconut oil (vegan) or butter
Ice cream and toppings
- Elato Cold Brew Decaf Cafe Latte ice cream or Vegan Dark Chocolate Truffle Gelato for a vegan option
- 50g biscoff smooth or crunchy spread
- 16g coconut oil
- Two egg rings - the same ones that are used for poaching eggs
- A cranked/offset spatula also known as a pallet knife. See image below. A regular knife can also be used.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and take the lid off the ice cream and place back in the freezer so the top surface can get colder before scooping.
- To make the pie crust, crush the biscoff cookies in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in the microwave for 20 seconds or longer until runny.
- Mix the melted coconut oil or butter into the cookie crumbs until evenly spread and moist
- Place an egg ring on top of baking paper and press enough cookie mix into the ring so it fills about half way up. Any higher and the pie base will be harder to cut later, when frozen.
- Place the cookie base in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to get firm until the coffee ice cream layer is ready to be placed on top of the base.
- To make the ice cream section of the pie, place an egg ring on top of baking paper, remove the ice cream from the freezer and working quickly, spoon ice cream into the egg ring so it fills the ring and use the pallet knife to press it down and smooth off the ice cream so the surface is flat and smooth at the same height as the egg ring.
- Then freeze until firm.
- To make the biscoff coating on the pie, melt coconut oil in a microwave safe pouring jug (eg a small milk jug) in the microwave for 20 seconds or longer until runny.
- Mix the biscoff spread into the melted coconut oil with a spoon until smooth and place in the fridge until the ice cream in the egg ring is firm.
- When the ice cream is firm, prepare to layer the pie.
- Heat the biscoff spread in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir to ensure it is fully mixed.
- Take the biscoff biscuit base out of the fridge and gently remove it from the egg ring, placing it on a wire cooling rack with a tray lined with baking paper underneath.
- Gently remove the ice cream from the egg ring and place directly on top of the biscoff biscuit base.
- Take the heated biscoff spread and pour over the ice cream so the excess drops through the wire cooling rack onto the tray below.
- Freeze the pie immediately on fresh baking paper on a tray and serve on a plate when firm.
- Springle some extra biscoff crumbs on top when serving