Tim Tams, Elato Vanilla Ice Cream and White chocolate are the most incredible combination of flavours that need to be tried. Let me know what you think!
Ingredients to make a single serve. Multiply the recipe to make more serves
Tim Tam cookie pie crust - 2 Tim Tam biscuits
Ice cream and toppings
- Elato Triple Vanilla ice cream
- 60g white chocolate or Callebaut Ruby Chocolate
- 15g coconut oil
- 12 drops of red food colouring if not using Ruby Chocolate
- A Heart shaped cookie cutter
- A cranked/offset spatula also known as a pallet knife. See image below. A regular knife can also be used.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and take the lid off the ice cream and place back in the freezer so the top surface can get colder before scooping.
- To make the pie crust, crush the Tim Tam biscuits in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
- Place the cookie cutter on top of baking paper with the thick edge at the top and press all the Tim Tam mix with your hands into the edges of the shape.
- Place the Tim Tam biscuit base in the freezer inside the cookie cutter while you make the pink coloured white chocolate for the top of the pie.
- To make the coating on the pie, melt the white chocolate, coconut oil and food colouring in a microwave safe pouring jug (eg a small milk jug) in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and then heat for another 30 seconds or longer until runny and stir out any lumps.
- Place in the fridge until the ice cream in the cookie cutter is firm in the next step.
- To make the ice cream section of the pie, remove the cookie cutter with the Tim Tam base plus the ice cream from the freezer and working quickly, spoon ice cream into the cookie cutter so it fills the ring and use the pallet knife or a knife, to press it down and smooth off the ice cream so the surface is flat and smooth at the same height as the cookie cutter.
- Then freeze until firm.
- When the ice cream is firm, prepare to cover the pie with the white chocolate spread that's in the fridge.
- Heat the pink coloured white chocolate spread in the microwave for 10-20 seconds and stir to ensure it is fully mixed.
- Take the cookie cutter with the pie out of the freezer and gently remove it from the shape, placing it on a wire cooling rack with baking paper underneath.
- Take the runny white chocolate spread and pour over the ice cream so the excess drops through the wire cooling rack onto the paper below.
- Freeze the pie immediately on fresh baking paper on a tray and serve on a plate when firm.
- Serve with fruit