If you love the taste of golden syrup, then this recipe is for you. It's the quickest and easiest caramel sauce you'll ever make and it can be made as a vegan recipe as well. It tastes amazing on all Elato ice creams but it's especially good on our fig ripple ice cream.
This recipe makes about 2/3 cup of sauce; enough to use on four serves of ice cream in bowls. It is also in the proportion 1:3. So the recipe can be easily increased for additional serves.
- 25g butter or vegan equivalent
- 75g soft light brown sugar or any other brown sugar in your pantry
- 75g golden syrup
- 75g cream or vegan equivalent such as coconut cream
- Place the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pot
- Stir gently on medium heat until the butter and sugar have melted
- Boil on a gentle heat for a few minutes so the sauce gets thicker, watching to make sure it doesn't boil over
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream
- Serve hot or cold on ice cream
- Sauce can be stored in the fridge for 2 weeks